Smart Meter Debate
Groups such as, The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM), an international organization representing physicians who specialize in Environmental Medicine issued the following recommendations listed below in their 2012 position paper, “Electromagnetic and Radiofrequency Field Effect on Human Health.”
As noted on the AAEM website, member physicians have earned a recognized M.D. or D.O. degree by an accredited medical school in the United States, Canada or other countries and maintain current licensure to practice medicine. Most AAEM physician members are board certified by one or more of the 24 medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties.
The AAEM calls for:
• Immediate caution on smart meter installation due to potentially harmful RF exposure
• Accommodation for health considerations regarding EMF and RF exposure, including exposure to wireless smart meter technology
• Independent studies to further understand the health effects from EMF and RF exposure
• Use of safer technology, including for smart meters, such as hard-wiring, fiber optics, or other non-harmful methods of data transmission
• Recognition that electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a growing problem worldwide
• Understanding and control of this electrical environmental bombardment for the protection of society
• Consideration and independent research regarding the quantum effects of EMF and RF on human health
Dangers of Pulsed Radiation Signals
A particular concern of many EMF public action groups are the unknown risk of wireless meters sending strong and short pulsed RF/microwaves. California citizen action groups are among the most active in organizing and petitioning legislators to hold public hearings on EMF health concerns. For example, California citizen action groups organized to request full disclosure from Pacific Gas & Electric about the technical and operational features of their smart meter signals. The public record of the information discussed includes testimony regarding RF pulse signaling with estimates ranging from 9,600 to the upper range of 190,000 daily pulse bursts.
The bioeffects of pulsed radiation has not been studied and many consumers are now reporting a wide range of ill health effects! As a result of community group pressures, some utilities are beginning to respond to consumer requests to adapt their smart meters to transmit once a day – versus every minute. However, it does little to address RF transmitted from neighbors, multi-unit dwellings or utility collector meter installations. The highest risk from smart meters is the layered impact from all of the meters within a community transmitting chaotic fields at least every fifteen minutes.
- DNA Damage from EMF
- Impact of EMF on Children
- Male Fertility Impacted by EMFs
- BioInitiative Report
- Professional Concern about EMFs